Saturday, April 24, 2010

5k's are so in!



Woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo! What a rush! Today I signed up for The Victim's Advocate 5k Walk/Race and unknowingly I completed my first 5k. Well, I had originally signed up for just the 1 mile walk/jog. I knew the 3 mile-runners and the 1 mile runners were going to split at a certain point during the race and I was paying attention to the arrows on the ground and to the helpers throughout the race but... I remember asking one of the ushers of the race for directions, I mean, after all, I only wanted to jog one mile and he (or was it a she???) pointed me to where I thought was the end of my race... yeah right! While running all I could think was "Darn, this definitely doesn't feel like a mile, it feels like the whole three miles" but I kept going at it, after all... I was doing it. Well, long story, short. I ended up jogging/walking the whole 5k (3.1 miles) and I am so proud of myself and of my fellow runners and girl friends Fe and Melody. With every heart-pumping breath and each sweaty step, I felt like the champion I know I am. I did it! We did it and we did it [as usual] in style!


No comments:

Post a Comment