Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Beauty and the Beast in NYC


Well, well, well... what do we have in here?
Although I have always loved the story of "The Beauty and the Beast" from the Disney version to the numerous re-tellings, I never thought I was going to actually like a modern, cheesy version of this classic. This July 2010, a new version of the classic will come out based on the novel of Alex Flinn, "Beastly". This version tells the story from the Beast's point of view and it is set in modern-day NYC (New York, New York!)
After watching the trailers I was instantly hooked, YES, hooked! I don't consider myself a fan of any of the new-generation 'actors' from the Disney channel or Nickelodeon for what that matters. But there are a lot of good, well-known actors in this movie including: Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser M.D... YUP!), Peter Krause from Six-Feet Under, and Mary-Kate Olsen. I think deep inside I wanted to hate this movie because I thought it was going to be one of these lame, young adult movies that are coming out every summer (that's right Twilight!) but, darn it, after watching the trailer, I'm going to have to say that I will be watching it and that I am actually looking forward to watching it. So, here it goes, the infamous trailer. Enjoy it and leave your comments.
Do you think it will be worth watching?




No comments:

Post a Comment