Tuesday, February 16, 2010


10 Things that are getting BETTER!

1. Public awareness of diabetes- Diabetes is one of the most common diseases and much effort has been devoted to educating the public. Finally, people are starting to understand the complications of this disease. I know I understand it better and for that reason I decided to make small changes in my life to avoid diabetes altogether.


2. Sunscreen- What used to be this super heavy cream now is almost imperceptible. My Mom is really happy about this!


3. Recycling and "living green"- I remember when my co-worker started recycling at my job and I thought it was just going to be too complicated to actually do it. Then I started recycling at home and my husband didn't quite like it... now the whole family is doing it. A family effort with a global impact!!!


4. Protein drinks- Some of the new protein drinks on the market are so delicious, they bear no resemblance to the OH-so-chalky-concoctions of the past and they even come in Starbucks-esque flavors like Mocha Capuccino.


5. Lia Sophia Jewelry- I've always loved the high quality of the jewelry from Lia Sophia, but lately, they have been releasing some top-of-the-line jewelry pieces that make me feel like I'm wearing the stuff the rich and famous wear on the red carpet.


6. Plus-sized clothes- Back in the not-so-good-old-days, plus-sized clothing was just wack and old lady like. Nowadays, most of the companies selling these type of clothes got the memo that we (chubby ladies) like to dress sexy and comfortable without looking like we're 80 years old. Thank you!


On a more personal note:
7. Quality time with my hubby- As we get older, we understand what is really important in life. Spending time with my husband, talking about our past, present and future and thinking about our individual, as well as our shared goals is just getting better with time.


8. Friendship- To better explain it I am just going to use a quote:
"When it comes to matters of the heart, people get better with age. As you grow and become truly happy with who you are, you can then be happy with those around you."
Rachel Roy, fashion designer


9. Dark chocolate and Sex


10. Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment