Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Uniform Project

In my life, I've heard a lot of talk about 'chicas' making a big fuss over wearing pieces of clothes more than once. As if we all had bottomless wallets and an endless wardrobe space, right???!

I chanced upon this really cool site, it's called THE UNIFORM PROJECT.
Starting May 2009, The owner of the site pledged to wear one dress for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion. Sustainable fashion means being able to wear one essential clothing piece in various stylish ways.

Here’s how it works: There are 7 identical dresses, one for each day of the week. Every day she will reinvent the dress with layers, accessories and all kinds of things, the majority of which will be vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down goodies. Think of it as wearing a daily uniform with a creative license... so this is it: One dress, 365 Days.
Here's a preview of how she styles the really cute dress..

I adore the creative eye of this girl and how she makes the dress look so un-boring everyday.
"Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn."
Gore Vidal

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I like that, I am not creative enough, but I need to start trying=D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can all get so many ideas from this oh-so-cool girl. Check the website out and get to work... Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete